Air Science has introduced a selection of mail handling fume hoods designed to improve user safety in handling and screening of envelopes and packages.
Despite shipping regulations, fentanyl and other substances that are harmful when ingested, inhaled or absorbed are often sent, both legally and illegally, via mail. In addition to potential attacks through the shipment of anthrax and explosives, the shipment of fentanyl, drugs and pharmaceuticals puts mail handlers at risk when packaging is compromised.
The Purair SafeSEARCH complies with best practices recommended by the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS). DHS recommends that handling and opening of mail be done in filtered exhaust hoods or containment receptacles as an added layer of protection.
Features & Benefits:
- SafeSEARCH reduces the risk of releasing chemical vapors and harmful particulates (like synthetic opioids, anthrax, etc.) into the environment
- Ductless technology is energy efficient and does not put additional strain on existing facility HVAC systems
- Ductless design eliminates HVAC construction and saves on utility costs
- The SafeSEARCH cabinet design eliminates bypass leakage that could blow back to the operator
- Electronic monitoring ensures continued performance and safety.
- HEPA/ULPA filters provide additional safety layer against biologicals
- Easily installed in existing or new facilities without HVAC changes.
Standard sized turnkey models are self-contained, selected models are portable.
For complete information and specifications go to: